Monday 6 September 2010

Alternative training on cake and tea

Eschewing the delights of the Tour of Britain and Peak Hill, I took myself off to the South Hams Audax on Sunday for the alternative version, which included a leisurely ride down to the sands (pebbles?)at Slapton and numerous large pieces of cake and cups of tea - now that's what it's all about! It ocurred to me that my audax record in the company of my riding partner (aka spouse) is fraught with incident: attempted 6, completed 5; with 1 punture, 1 rim failure (necessitating a change of wheels and time-trial through deepest Cornwall to get the car) and 1 medium speed 'off' with skin left on the road.

I'll be joining the 'lads' in Spain in a couple of days, who will be 'enjoying' the weather on the Cantabrian coast as I write. The forecast is for Sun later in the week so my ploy of delaying departure may come off...

No comments:

Post a Comment