Friday 26 July 2013

2013 Tour - Jour 1

Once again we find ourselves at Millbay ferry terminal at 7 am, ready to embark on the annual France en velo. This time, overladen with camping gear and consequently short on undies and clothes in general. Waved off by the neighbours, who we happened to pass as they were having an early morning run around the Hoe (so madness is endemic in Peverell village).

No sooner had I boarded the ferry than I bumped into Tim O'Hare, off for the summer with family in tow; and then Matthew Watkinson - it was like being at work - and I'm sure I spotted one of the 'girls' from Loafers sandwich bar! The sun was shining in Roscoff - it better bloody be after all the nice weather we've had while I've been at work - and the usual trip to Morlaix went, well, as usual. Once more into the Hotel St Melaine such that the proprietors now welcome us back as regulars. This time we resolve to go to a different restaurant, however . . . report on my return . . .

Later . . .

Now, the hotel St Melaine has a key code access lock on the door, the code for which was entrusted to S because 'I'm (i.e. S) good with numbers'. Needless to say, on our return the code '5260' was inoperative. Luckily, however, two other guests were leaving so I took the opportunity to compare our post-its with the scribbled code - theirs was '0925'. The more astute of you will have already twigged that S was holding the paper upside down when she memorised the numbers, 'ca va' as they say.

Anyway, we still have a bed for the night after return from the restaurant. Having tried somewhere different it will be back to La Dolce Vita for a pasta feast next time.

 

1 comment:

  1. Tried that many years ago, when we say the start from Roscoff, good food.
    Hey Hywel could have taken me, I have trailer and tent :-) but no leave :-(
    mike

    ReplyDelete